Saturday 24 September 2011

Rite of Passage

We found it. Finally. Calvin and I are the soon-to-be leasers of an apartment. Everything seems to have worked out pretty well so far. The other apartments I've looked at were pieces of shit comparatively. Not only does this have well sized rooms and a decent price, it's got an amazing location. Holy shit, I didn't think I'd find one but I did and I love it. It's within striking distance of everything we'd want to hit and even if it wasn't we've got free bus passes and Calvin's car. I can't wait to move in, I have to call our landlord type person on October 2nd to confirm the signing of a lease. I'll see if I can't bring my dad with me to read it over, although I think I'll be fine by myself though.

The logistics of this upcoming year are somewhat scarifying, we're going to be cutting it fucking close on all angles. Right now my parents owe me about $500 not including some things and Calvin, you owe me $910 (I took off an extra $50 bucks in gas money for the rides home and I haven't counted any food because that's what we've been doing since fucking grade 10). This basically means I've going to have about 3 months worth of rent...maybe... It also means I've spent $1000 on bullshit (it was 1500, but 500 of that was books which are kind of useful...I might return some). I don't enjoy knowing that I blew away about 1000 bucks in maybe a month. I know that when we're in the apartment I'm going to basically be paying for rent and maybe some food and that's about it. At least I'll lose some weight from the starvation.

The gist of this is that I need a job or a scheme of somehow pulling money from my ass. Let's all hope it works out, I'm going to see if I still can't get funding, I have to bitch slap the people at school for being the laziest and worst people to work with, I tell them I need something so that I can pay them and make it through school and they fuck off for a week and don't give me jack shit. On Monday I'll be having a talk with them and hopefully I can fucking get what I need and still be able to apply, if I can't I might be a bit screwed but I'll make it. Even if I can only afford rent and a sandwich I'll be happy to be back in Kingston.

No comments:

Post a Comment