Wednesday 24 August 2011

Our shadow stronger than our soul

Well I quit today. It was coming. Also, I can't wait to not wake up at 4 in the morning tomorrow. The work day overall was shitty to okay, I got a free burger at lunch so that was the best part. Anyways more important stuff.

I went apartment hunting, I was going to post this yesterday so that maybe Calvin would read it, ending up falling asleep. Either way here's what went down yesterday, I knew we needed an apartment very badly so I called everyone and searched everywhere on Kijiji. There's still more people I'm probably going to call tomorrow.

Anyways, I set up about 4 viewings for apartments in one day, although one (The 3 bedroom Homestead told us about) I ended up missing because I was busy with others and also because fuck a three bedroom. I got another one for tomorrow and I'm hoping to set more up. Also note, all the apartments up for rent now are in the Heights because no one wants to live there, but that means there close to the cheapo stuff by Steve's place. Most of the apartments are in non-scary areas.

RENT 880 The first was the left picture in the apartment. It was kind of small, but would serve a purpose. It reminded me of Ronin's party apartment, but smaller but a lot smaller I think (might have been all the stuff in the place). Seemed to have decent closet space. Kitchen and bathroom were nice. The laundry place is right in front of the apartment though (apparently no complaints from other tenets though). The landlord can book us another viewing this upcoming Monday if you want to check it out, he wants to check a bunch of stuff as well. One being proof of employment and I think he desires a co-signer, I forget. He's out camping this weekend so the shit won't sell well he's gone, I have to leave him a message Thursday/Friday if we're interested.

RENT 890/825 The second was kind of a shitty place, huge, but shitty in it's own way. The person showing us around was very unprofessional it seemed (and she works for a company CLVgroup or something) anyways, place was big tons of mf'ing closets good sized bedrooms. Only problem is that the September one is already being applied for meaning we're probably not going to get it, she's got some for October though (in the basement if that sways anything), all the apartments are the same basic layout and she gave me a sheet containing the layout for the apartment in October.

RENT 950 The third one (right side picture), was way better than I thought. Weird thing is though that it's in the basement of a church, you enter through the back though so don't worry about the religious folks. The landlord seems MOTHERFUCKING AMAZING though, super easy going, nice, hilariously bad with English some times, seems flexible and like we could twist him a bit to get a good deal. The apartment looks great for what we want, there's also a convenience store across the street. The amount of closet space is ridiculous as well, but if we've got a lot of junk it'll come in handy. The rent is the only thing bothering me, but he has a Cogeco connection (TV and Internet I think) that he seems somewhat willing to throw in which would be great, there's also a bed that we could try and talk him into as well. I'm bringing my dad next time so he can use his salesman experience to help out. The most important thing with this guy is to be nice decent people, he was the pastor in the church, went to St. Lawrence himself and he seems easy going enough to have two students looking for their first apartment to be his tenants. I need to text him ASAP for an application to be scanned to me and then I'll schedule a viewing for you as well with hopefully my dad. He says he has a few people looking at the apartment as well but hopefully they'll get shot or something.

Anyways, that was my apartment hunting, I'll post again about what I see tomorrow, otherwise I think I'm going to get a decent sleep tonight and then get shots in the morning yay.


1 comment:

  1. if your going to draw terribly, a legend would be nice.

    ReplyDelete